ABOUT EACH RACE
Some key points about the events
• We welcome all clubs and all runners affiliated or not
• Each race is a race in it's own right, there may be different awards etc
• The entry costs will typically be the same
• Whilst being seriously competitive, they are very friendly events
• Very low cost of entry for such well-organised races (£5/7 in 2022)
• Entry allowed on the day/evening
• Distances typically from 4 miles up to around 8
• Refreshments provided after eg sandwiches, rolls, chips, ....
• Series awards open and 5-year vet groups
• Suits all standards; suits beginners
• Some seriously fast runners expected
• Fields typically ~80 up to 200+
ABOUT THE SERIES
There are 12 races. You can run as many as you like! But if you want to compete in the series......
We race in 5-year categories
The rules change a bit as you get later in the season
Initially, the number of races done places you in your category league
The leader is the one who has done most races
If that's equal, it's who won the most races when looked at as head-to-head in the category
...UNTIL YOU GET TO 8 RACES DONE....
8 is a magic number: if only one runner has done 8 that of course is the winner
but if two or more have done 8, or more than 8, it goes straight to head-to-head
whether one or more have done 9, or 10, or 11, or 12 is immaterial
at that level, only the number of wins head-to-head is counted
see further in menu "Rules"
(I will put some old examples in the "Results" section as illustration)